An image of two business men walking down the street.

If you’ve been recently hit with any type of property damage it can be a bit confusing when you’re deciding if you need to hire a public adjuster or an attorney. If you’re wondering more about what a public adjuster can do for you, click here to read our latest blog post. 


In this blog post, we will discuss whether or not you’ll need or want to hire an attorney in addition to a public adjuster. It can be complicated,but we’re here to help with that.  At ClaimMax Adjusters, we’ve been helping people since 2009 and have over 32 years of combined team experience. We work hard to secure you the best settlement that you need and deserve. Our biggest concern is to advocate for you when you need it most. We’ve been specializing in comprehensive consultations and reporting based findings from technical experts. We promise to fight for you no matter what. 


When looking to see who you should hire and when it is going to depend on the specific nature of your property damage and the point that you are in the insurance claims process. Generally, public adjusters are going to be the most useful during the early stages of the claims process. A property insurance attorney is going to be the most useful when and if that claim has been denied by the insurance company. So, in the event that legal action becomes necessary, only an attorney can represent you in court and help you through the litigation process. With all that said, it can be extremely useful and worth your time to hire both. 


Public adjusters and attorneys are very different but they each bring in a different set of skills that can be extremely helpful when going through the process of property damage, both commercial and residential. When they work together, they can help you, the policyholder, maximize their settlement. Public adjusters are crucial when it comes to the initial stage of a claim by ensuring that the full extent of property damage is identified and properly valued. An attorney can then be the one brought in if a dispute emerges. If the insurance agency ever disagrees whether there is an issue, the policyholder should have an experienced attorney by their side. In the end, you want to consult an attorney once the settlement negotiation process has stopped making progress, once the claim has been denied, or once the insurance claims rights are put at risk. Public adjusters can be there to make sure that your claim is at its maximum, and an attorney can be there to work with the adjuster and review your case at the same time. 


In the end, it is your decision if you decide to hire an attorney along with a public adjuster, but it can be extremely helpful when getting the maximum settlement that you deserve. If you’ve been a victim of any of the following types of damage, both commercial and residential, ClaimMax Adjusters can help. 

  • Water damage 
  • Fire damage 
  • Storm Damage 
  • Vandalism 
  • Denied or Underpaid Claims

We specialize in comprehensive consultations and reporting based on findings from technical experts. We’re here to evaluate repairs, loss of use, business interruption, living expenses, and property reimbursement to ensure that you’re fully compensated. Contact us today to learn more about our company and how we can help you. Remember, we are here for you.