CALL US: (323) 716-5911
If you’ve endured property damage, whether it’s from a fire, a storm, water, or vandalism, you’re probably dreading working with the insurance company to submit your insurance claim while hoping for the best possible payout for the damage incurred. If you have yet to submit your insurance claim, or if you’ve received a settlement offer that you don’t think is fair, you need a public adjuster on your side to fight for you and help you get the most out of your insurance benefits. Just like with a lawyer or a doctor, public adjusters specialize in certain types of claims and have varying levels of experience with different insurance companies. Ideally, you’ll want to find a public adjuster who has experience handling the type of claim you’re submitting. You’ll also want to ensure you feel comfortable with the adjuster you’re working with, and that you feel as though they really will work as hard as they can to get you the settlement you deserve.
To ensure you’re hiring the best public adjuster for your case, we have compiled a list of criteria to follow:
- Do your research. You may find that you are being solicited by several adjusters after experiencing property damage. Don’t just go with your first option for the sake of convenience.
- Ask the adjuster to explain the claims process they plan to implement on your claim.
- Verify that the adjuster is licensed in the state where the loss occurred.
- Assess any promises. Public adjusters should not make promises to you about the amount they can get you before carefully reviewing your policy and assessing your total loss estimate.
- Provide the Public Adjuster with existing claim documentation prior to an onsite inspection when available and ask them to provide a claim success assessment.
- Inquire about how long the adjuster you’re considering has been in business or has worked in the industry.
- Ask to see if the adjuster is willing to give you references, specifically for clients with claims similar to yours.
The ClaimMax Adjusters team has more than 30 years of combined experience and we promise to fight for you and your rights to maximize your insurance benefits. To learn more about working with us, contact us today.